A complete COSHH Health & Safety Datasheet for Concrete, Mortar and Screed is available to download from our website www.cemex.co.uk/health&safety
Mixing & Usage Guide
- Do not use when air temperature is below +5ºC or when or when ground is frozen.
- Do not mix this product with any other cement, cement admixture or similar products.
- Do not move the post for at least 10 minutes until after the product has set.
For your comfort and convenience wear gloves to avoid any material contacting the skin.
1. Dig a hole of sufficient depth for the post – As a useful guide a 2.4m post should have 0.6m below and 1.8m above ground level. Avoid digging the hole in an ever widening neck. The hole should be at least a spade width on each side.
2. Place the post in the hole and fix in position with old bricks or stones. Check for alignment with a spirit level. Stake the post with supporting battens, leaving your hands free for the rest of the job. Do not fix the battens too well with nails as these are only temporary until the post is secure.
3. Empty half the contents of the bag into the hole around the base of the post. Pour clean water onto the Post Mix, preferably using a watering can fitted with a rose. The best results are obtained when the water is poured on the area directly surrounding the post. Stop pouring when the water ceases to soak away.
4. Now empty the remaining contents of the bag into the hole and again, pour clean water onto the Post Mix until the water ceases to soak away.
5. After setting (approximately 10-15 mins dependent on ambient temperature), leave the batten supports in place. Ideally allow a further hour before removing battens or attempting to fix anything to the post as any movement may weaken the concrete.
NOTE: Ensure all tools and equipment are cleaned thoroughly with water prior to the material setting.
CEMEX UK Cement Ltd cannot accept responsibility for unsatisfactory concrete where workmanship has not been carried out in accordance with good practice.
- As a useful guide a 2.4m post should have 0.6m below and 1.8m above ground level.
- Rather than manhandle a fence panel to measure the space out between posts, use a strip of wood cut to the same length as the panel.
- No pre-mixing with water is required.
- Setting is normally in 10-15 minutes but may be longer in cold weather.